<$BlogRSDUrl$> spinemaster

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

SOME BAND SOMEWHERE 

People never know if I’m dead or not so I decided to make a quick appearance at the show. The glitternazis were out in full form, acting like they hadn’t seen me arrive and admirably stayed in character all night by ignoring me completely. It took a long time to get a drink even thought the bartender kept looking at me. My friends kept acting like they didn’t know me and would whisper something in his ear and then she’d look at me and laugh so I smiled back and waved.
I looked around the smoke-free room at all the people who probably wouldn’t fuck me and drank a warm half glass of beer somebody left on the bar.
The guy sitting next to me still hadn’t turned around or taken a break from his rapt attention to the band so I drank his beer, too.
The band seemed to have come equipped with a bunch of the same song played different ways. They were just okay, though they had some good musician sex faces. Nobody in the crowd seemed all that worked up, either, except the one guy who started looking around for his beer.
I made my way to the restroom and bought a whole bunch of novelty condoms just in case. The band had just started their next version of the previous song when I dove back into the cool night city and swam away.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?